Juni Tönnies announced that they wanted to employ contract workers in the future who had previously worked for subcontractors.

Juni Tönnies announced that they wanted to employ contract workers in the future who had previously worked for subcontractors.

Before the closure, 25,000 pigs were slaughtered there every day. According to the NOZ report, other slaughterhouses are currently not working at 100 percent capacity either. The situation remains tense, said Staack of the newspaper. The North Rhine-Westphalian Minister of Health Karl-Josef Laumann told the NOZ that he knew about the importance of the Tönnies slaughterhouse for agriculture.

But there was no way around the closure. Under the current conditions, however, safe work for the employees is possible again. “The company is slaughtering again. That’s a good thing,” said Laumann. At the main Tönnies site in Rheda-Wiedenbrück, there was a severe corona outbreak in mid-June with more than 1,400 infected employees. The company was then closed until mid-July. Source: ntv.de, chr / AFP “Unions fear that corporations in the meat industry will influence the planned law in their favor. (Photo: picture alliance / dpa) After the accumulation of corona cases in The federal government wants to tighten the rules for the meat industry.

But the unions do not see any improvement in the planned law for the employees, who mostly come from Eastern Europe. Instead, they fear further exploitation. In the dispute over better working and living conditions for slaughterhouse workers from Eastern Europe, trade unions and churches have criticized the federal government’s plans as inadequate. The recently introduced bill does not improve the accommodation of the people; instead, it achieves the opposite, according to a statement. “For the first time a temporal coupling of work and living is legitimized: Those who lose their job are expelled from their accommodation and end up homeless on the street,” criticized around 30 representatives of social associations, DGB and churches after an exchange in Hanover.

After the accumulation of corona cases in meat operations, the federal government introduced stricter rules for the industry at the end of July. A ban on work contracts and temporary work in the industry is planned. As of next year, slaughtering, cutting and processing will no longer be allowed to be carried out by external employees in the meat industry. The declaration by trade unionists and churches states: “We urge the members of the Bundestag to reduce the horrific bed prices of usually 300 to 400 Euros a month to finally put a stop to it with a cost cap. ” The unions fear that corporations in the meat industry will succeed in influencing the planned law in advance so that they can circumvent stricter requirements. “Temporary work is no longer allowed in this industry.

Many subcontractors who harass, pound together, and exploit people in work contracts are also approved as temporary employment agencies, “criticize the associations.biology essay writting services In future, there must be only one company and one permanent workforce on a company site. Source: ntv.de, chf / dpa “” “” “” On Monday, Tönnies continued its trial operation in the cutting area – albeit with a smaller workforce The meat company now wants to solve the problem with employees with works contracts. Germany’s largest meat company Tönnies has announced specific changes in the company: By September 1, 1,000 contract workers are to receive an employment contract directly in Rheda-Wiedenbrück. Hire employees in the core areas directly at the company “, it said in a message.

Already on June 23, Tönnies announced that he wanted to hire contract workers in the future who had previously worked for subcontractors. The group, which has come under strong criticism in its workforce after a corona outbreak, would thus meet a demand from politics.

The federal government had announced that work contracts and temporary work in the meat industry will be abolished at the beginning of 2021. Federal Labor Minister Hubertus Heil wants to present a bill for better working conditions this month. Tönnies also wants to rent around 400 residential spaces in Rheda-Wiedenbrück for future employees by the beginning of September.

Two housing associations were founded for this purpose. Depending on requirements, living space will also be created at other locations. The existing time recording will be transferred to a digital system by August 1st. Today, Monday, Tönnies continued its trial operation in the cutting section, i.e. the cutting up of slaughtered animals. Under the supervision of the authorities, only workers in one shift process up to a maximum of 10,000 pigs a day.

A company spokesman did not want to comment on the result of the third day of testing with the new hygiene concept and reduced workforce and referred to the authorities. To protect against infection, the group had to build plexiglass partition walls between the workstations and install new filter technology for the cooled circulating air. The Tönnies plant next to the company headquarters in Rheda-Wiedenbrück stood still for around four weeks after the massive corona outbreak among employees.

Most of the more than 1,400 corona-infected employees were involved in cutting. The authorities then banned production. In order to prevent the spread of the corona virus, there were temporarily tightened hygiene rules and contact restrictions for the residents of the Gütersloh and Warendorf districts.

Over 600,000 people were affected. For the Tönnies employees there was a strict quarantine regulation that expired on Friday. Of the around 1400 Tönnies employees infected with Corona (as of Monday), six patients are still in hospitals, according to the district governments in Detmold and Arnsberg.

Three of those affected are being cared for in intensive care units, two patients have to be ventilated. The district of Gütersloh responded to the criticism of co-partner and managing director Clemens Tönnies about the lack of a written reason for the closure of the main plant. “Yes, it is correct, there is still a written confirmation of the oral decision pending. Mr. Tönnies will still get it,” said a district spokeswoman. The containment of the infection process has so far had priority. In a newspaper interview, Tönnies complained that the company still does not know what breach of the law it is said to have committed. Source: ntv.de, mba / dpa “Turkish President Erdogan at a military parade in Ankara. (Photo: REUTERS) After the invasion Turkish troops in northern Syria, Ankara is now also strengthening its military activities in Libya.

President Erdogan announces that he will be sending ground troops. The soldiers are supposed to support the weak regime in Tripoli. Russia protests because it has its own mercenaries in the crisis state. Turkey is preparing to intervene with ground troops in the North African crisis state of Libya. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced that the parliament in Ankara will vote on it at the beginning of January.

His country wants to support the internationally recognized government in Tripoli “by all means”. A Turkish military intervention could worsen the already complicated situation in Libya. Parliament will deal with the government’s motion right after its session ends on January 7, Erdogan said.

A decision could be made on January 8th or 9th. Turkey is responding to the request of the internationally recognized government of Prime Minister Fajes al-Sarradsch for military support in the fight against the breakaway Libyan general Khalifa Haftar, said Erdogan. “We will support the government in Tripoli by all means,” emphasized Erdogan. Last Saturday, the parliament in Ankara had already given the green light for a controversial military agreement with the unity government in Tripoli. It was agreed that soldiers and police officers would be sent to the other country for training and education purposes. The agreement does not provide for a military deployment by Turkish troops in Libya.

However, after it came into force, Erdogan had already announced his willingness to send Turkish combat units to the crisis country. At the end of November, Turkey and the government in Tripoli had also signed an agreement that defines the maritime borders of the two countries in the eastern Mediterranean. Ankara wants to secure access to gas reserves off the coast of Cyprus. The agreement has met with sharp criticism from the neighboring countries of Greece, Cyprus and Egypt, as they see it violating their own rights in the region. Libya has been in chaos since the fall and violent death of long-time ruler Muammar al-Gaddafi in 2011. The unity government in Tripoli is weak and does not have large parts of the country under control.

Haftar and his “Libyan National Army” control eastern Libya. According to the UN, more than 280 civilians have been killed and more than 140,000 displaced since Haftar’s offensive on Tripoli began eight months ago, and Turkey is already supplying Libyan government troops with tanks and drones to help them fight Haftar’s troops. Haftar, on the other hand, is supported by Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt.

Erdogan accuses Russia of also being on the side of the breakaway general. “You’re helping a warlord,” he said, looking at media reports about the use of mercenaries from the private security company Wagner. “We are responding to a request from the legitimate government of Libya. That is the difference.” Moscow denies reports of the presence of Russian mercenaries in Libya. Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov criticized the plans of the Turkish government. He thinks it is “unlikely that third party interference in this situation could lead to a settlement” of the conflict.

In principle, however, Russia welcomes all attempts from outside “to help the conflicting parties to find a solution”. According to the Istanbul political institute Edam, Turkey could send a task force consisting of elite soldiers as well as secret service and liaison officers to Libya. After the Turkish military interventions in Syria, the Turkish army has a “considerable amount of experience” for such missions abroad. Source: ntv.de, mau / AFP “” “A destroyed building in June testifies to fighting east of the capital Tripoli. ( Photo: AP) There has been chaos in Libya for years: a counter-government wants to overthrow the internationally recognized – but weakened – government in Tripoli. At least 42 people are now killed in an air strike. Many more are injured. An air strike in southern Libya says one Local officials killed at least 42 people.

More than 60 other people were injured in the attack on Sunday evening, said the Morsuk city representative. The internationally recognized government in Tripoli blamed the riot general Khalifa Haftar’s militias for the attack, and according to the official, several seriously injured were among the injured. The government in Tripoli spoke on its Facebook page of “dozens of dead and injured among civilians.” The North African country has been in chaos since the fall and violent death of long-time ruler Muammar al-Gaddafi in 2011. The internationally recognized government in Tripoli is weak and does not have large parts of the country under control. Haftar supports a counter-government in eastern Libya.

In April he launched a military offensive on Tripoli. Source: ntv.de, ftü / AFP “The Libyan capital Tripoli is again under control of the internationally recognized government. A military spokesman for the government of Prime Minister Fajis al-Sarradsch stated that the greater Tripoli area within the The rebellious general Khalifa Haftar had started a military offensive against Al-Sarradsch and the capital Tripoli more than a year ago. Source: ntv.de “Regional armory for government troops in Tripoli: An international embargo is supposed to The civil war is pacified, but is not adhered to. (Photo: imago images / Xinhua) The Berlin Libya summit in mid-January negotiates an arms embargo that is internationally praised.

However, the good intentions are trampled underfoot. Ironically, the German government also approves arms exports to countries that are involved in the power struggle over Tripoli. Since the beginning of the year, the German government has again approved arms exports to countries involved in the war in Libya. Until February 4th, the export of armaments to the emirate of Qatar with a value of almost 4.3 million euros was approved.

This emerges from information from the Federal Ministry of Economics on a request from the left-wing parliamentary group, from which the AFP quoted. Qatar is providing military support to the internationally recognized unity government in the war in Libya – Turkey is doing that too. For Turkey, according to the documents, the federal government allowed arms exports worth a total of 18,600 euros over the same period. In addition, armaments worth around 50,500 euros can be delivered to the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

The UAE supports the renegade General Khalifa Haftar in Libya. According to a UN report published in December, serious violations of the 2011 arms embargo are “regularly” committed. In this context, the United Nations named the United Emirates and Turkey, among others. Some of the countries in question “do not even bother to hide their origin” when it comes to arms deliveries. “The federal government pours fuel on the fire and makes itself completely untrustworthy as a mediator if it continues to approve arms exports to countries that intervene militarily in Libya, such as Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar,” said the left-wing foreign policy expert Sevim Dagdelen Had asked for numbers. “Anyone who initiates an arms embargo on Sundays must not reward those who openly and boldly break it with arms exports on Mondays.” Arms deliveries to states that are active in the Libya war must be stopped completely, demanded Dagdelen. At the Berlin Libya Conference in mid-January, the participants promised to comply with the arms embargo against Libya and to exercise greater control.

Since then, there have been repeated reports of violations. On Sunday, Foreign Minister Heiko Maas will receive his counterparts from around a dozen participating states on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference in order to take stock four weeks after the Berlin Libya summit.